We knew the sap would run all night because it didn’t freeze.    But we thought we could wait with collecting until Monday.   We checked the woods at 1:00 PM.  It couldn’t wait.  We called for help and prepared the tanks.  Set out collecting by 2:15.  Finished by 5:00 PM and had 625 gallons.  Quite a few full buckets.   We don’t know the Brix yet because we haven’t got all our tools and supplies in the woods. We’ll check it tomorrow.

Tomorrow morning we have to get the building ready and setup the evaporator.  We have to start cooking.  Without the R/O we have 30 hours of cooking ahead of us. 

The weather is forecast to turn colder for the week so we aren’t expecting sap.  It snowing this evening. Not supposed to accumulate.